Abridged privacy statement
Who are we?
Tele Ticket Service is part of the Sportpaleis Group. This means that your data will be shared between the four companies that comprise this group, namely: Antwerps Sportpaleis NV, Tele Ticket Service NV, Goed for Alles BVBA and P.S.E.-Belgium NV.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data in various ways:
- Directly from you: we process the data that you provide while purchasing tickets, creating an account, registering a bid or during telephone or e-mail with us (e.g. our call centre).
- By using our websites and apps:
- To provide you with the best possible online experience, geared towards your profile, data relating to the use of the website will be collected and analysed by means of a tracking cookie.
- In addition, third parties, such as promotors, organisers, advertisers and so on, have the ability to place tracking cookies. They do this to show you customed advertising, but also to use your surfing behaviour in their communication as soon as you leave our website(s).
- More information about cookies will be available here soon.
For what purpose do we use your personal data?
We use your data to process your ticket purchase correctly. Moreover, we like to keep you informed of upcoming and new events within our product range. If we have sufficient data and have been given your permission, we like to do that customised to your preferences. In that way, in future, you will never need miss out on your favorite events. We will only make your data available to third parties, such as the organiser of the event for which you recently purchased tickets, if you have given your permission to do so.
Your right of access and right of inspection of your personal data
You have a right to inspect your data, the right to correct this data, a right to be forgotten, to limit the processing, a right to data portability, you can object to the processing, and you have the right not to be subjected to decision based on automated processing.
Comphrensive privacy statement
Antwerps Sportpaleis nv attaches the greatest importance to your trust. This also applies for the way in which we handle your personal data. The present privacy statement is intended to inform you about this in detail.
1. Who are we?
You provide your data to Tele Ticket Service NV (TTS). TTS sells tickets on behalf of third parties that organise events. In the context of this ticket sale, they collect certain personal data. Antwerps Sportpaleis NV, Tele Ticket Service NV, Goed for Alles BVBA and PSE-Belgium NV can be thought of as joint controllers pursuant to Art. 26 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means that the personal data that you provide will be shared between these four companies.
You can exercise your rights with respect to each of these companies, but you will be directed to the TTS website. TTS is responsible for enabling the people involved to exercise their rights. TTS is also the contract partner of the various processors of personal data on the ticketing platform.
2. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data in various ways.
1) Directly from you
You yourself provide most of the data that we collect directly to us. For example, data is saved during ticket purchase, when creating an account, registering a bid, contact by e-mail or telephone, or any contact between you and us.
You will also provide certain data when you apply for a job with us.
2) By using our websites and apps
When you visit www.teleticketservice.com, you can surf the website anonymously and you will have access to important information without your identity being revealed.
3) Through event partners
In certain situations, we receive the personal data not directly from you, but through an event partner organisation that asks us to process your data on its behalf in order to deliver your tickets to you. An example is a contest promotion in which you participated. In that case, we receive your data from the relevant organiser of the contest. Your data will not be used for purposes other than the processing of the tickets, unless you have provided the necessary permissions.
3. What personal data will be processed?
The following data will be processed:
- Personal contact details: name, address, telephone number, e-mail, country, language. This is the data that you provide to us yourself when purchasing a ticket or when applying for a job with us.
- Payment and billing data: this data will be saved to enable us to process your order.
- When you share content from our website on social media, such as Facebook.
- Information on the use of website/apps and other applications (e-mail messages). On the one hand, this information will be used for analysis purposes, and on the other hand, we combine this information with your purchase history to offer you the most relevant events (“profiling”).
- Information that we obtain through our event partners, such as member numbers assigned, such as for applying discounts.
- Your preferences: by means of your preferences, if you have created an account, you can indicate which genres of events you would like to be kept informed of. Additionally, we combine this with products that you purchase or that you ask about and your demographic preferences.
- Date of birth, in those instances in which we are legally required to obtain parental consent for people younger than 13 years of age and for the purpose of age verification for certain events.
4. Legality of the processing
The processing of personal data can be legal based on various grounds.
- You give explicit consent for the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes, for example consent to send newsletters or to provide data to certain third parties.
- For minors under the age of 13, this consent must be provided by a person with parental authority.
- You can withdraw this consent at any time, for example by unsubscribing.
- Implementation of the agreement
- If you have purchased a ticket, a certain amount processing of personal data must be carried out in order to process this transaction.
- Certain processing of personal data must be carried out in order to comply with legal obligations, such as accounting obligations.
- Some processes will be commenced for the protection of the legitimate interests of the controller. For example, Tele Ticket Service is permitted to conduct direct marketing in regard to its existing customers and for similar events. You can nevertheless unsubscribe from this direct marketing.
All of the processing carried out by Tele Ticket Service has a legal basis. In those cases in which this is not based on regulations, Tele Ticket Service asks the customer to provide the necessary permission.
5. For what purpose do we use your personal data?
Processing your transaction
TTS collects personal data to be able to process your reservation and to keep you up to date on the event for which you purchased tickets, such as to ensure that the transaction runs smoothly.
Based on this data, a customer satisfaction survey or market research can also be organised. Of course, you can choose not to participate.
The data will also be used for direct marketing for similar events in the TTS product range.
On the one hand, TTS uses the combination of the data you provided and your use of its sites to offer you an optimal surfing experience. On the other hand, we use this information to keep you up to date of a customised range of products – after approval – by e-mail.
Transmission to third parties
Sale of personal data and/or personal profiles: As long as you give your explicit permission, your data can be transmitted to our partners, including Bisnode Belgium NV (Researchdreef 65, 1070 Anderlecht, Belgium), to enable them to provide you with personalised offers – possibly based on your marketing profile – or to be able to conduct market surveys or to further commercialise this data. In this context, your data will also be used to validate, correct or link together data that is already present in these companies’ databases. You can find more information at: www.bisnodeenu.be. Bisnode uses postal addresses to supplement their consumatrix, which will be further commercialised. Bisnode will only use e-mail addresses for verification and will not be further commercialised.
With your permission, your data will also be delivered to the organiser of the event for which you purchased tickets. The organiser can use your data for communication relating to the event or to offer other events. You can read more about this in the organiser’s own privacy statement.
Upon the purchase of a ticket with package formula, your data will also be sent to the organiser of the relevant event. After all, to complete the processing of these packages, they must have your data and your order. The organiser cannot use your data for other purposes.
We can share your data with our external service providers to the extent that this is required to enable them to provide their services. In this case, we enter into an agreement with them to ensure conformance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Determining the legality of transactions
Personal data can be used for the prevention or detection of crimes, such as the resale of tickets on the black market, fraud relating to electronic payments, intellectual property violations or other crimes.
Processing job applications
If you apply for a job at Tele Ticket Service, Antwerps Sportpaleis, Goed for Alles or P.SE.-Belgium, your data will be retained for the handling of the application procedure.
Test data for new developments
Personal data can be used to test new software developments on behalf of Tele Ticket Service NV, Antwerps Sportpaleis NV, Goed for Alles BVBA and P.S.E.-Belgium NV. In some cases, the data will be exported to a third party, who will take responsibility for the testing of the nieuw developed applications and can only use your data for this purpose. In all cases, the necessary security measures will be taken.
6. Your right of access and inspection of your personal data
You have a number of rights relating to the processing of your personal data. To exercise these rights, you must send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be processed within one month. If your request cannot be honoured, Tele Ticket Service will inform you of the reason for this.
Right of inspection
You have the right to inspect the data you have provided and to manage your preferences, for example with regard to mailing.
Right of correction or deletion
You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal data or to have the data deleted. If your data was provided to third parties with your permisison, these third parties will also be asked to implement the requested modifications. You will be informed of that.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to request ‘to be forgotten’ and to be deleted from the database. In some cases, this request can be refused, for example if the data is required for the implementation of the agreement or due to other legislation (e.g. compliance with fiscal legislation). If your data is made available to third parties, your request to be forgotten will also be forwarded to these third parties. You will be informed of this.
Right of objection
You have the right at all times to object to the processing of your data that will be made based on the legitimate interests of Tele Ticket Service or its combined controllers. You can also object to the processing of your data for direct marketing, including profilering.
You can also do that by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-mail message sent to you.
Automated decision-making and profiling
You have the right not to be subjected to a fully automated decision-making, unless this is necessary for the implementation of the agreement, is legally permitted or has your explicit permisison. If such a decision arises, you have the right to make your views on the matter known, to challenge this decision or to demand a human intervention from Tele Ticket Service.
During your initial contact with us, you are informed of the use of tracking cookies. These enable us to build profiles based on your use of the website and effective behaviour (purchase history). Based on these profiles, the communication in e-mails and on the web will be personalised. You can object to this by turning off the cookies, either in the website’s cookie settings, or on the browser. You will then only still receive standard newsletters and only see a standard website (without personal recommendations).
Right to data portability
You have the right to have personal data provided transferred to another processor in a structured, common and legible form.
Right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities
7. Retention period of the data
Tele Ticket Service has generally designated the retention period of its client data at 10 years. This period was designated based on practical considerations, such as the user-friendliness for the customer, the relevance of the data that must often be retained for a period of at least 10 years, the accounting obligation to retain the data for a period of 10 years and the technical feasibility.
If you are no longer active for a period of 10 years or have not contact Tele Ticket Service again, you will receive an e-mail with the question of whether we can deactivate your account.
The personal data of sollicitants will, in principle, be deleted at the end of the procedure, unless this relates to functions for which a pool will be established and with the specific knowledge of the applicant. If explicit permission is obtained, it is possible that the data will be retained longer for certain profiles, but never for more than 5 years.
8. Data security
Tele Ticket Service will do everything possible to protect its customers against unauthorised access to or unauthorised modification, publication or destruction of the data in its possession.
To do this, the follow security measures among others will be utilised:
- Technical security measures:
- Internal files will be saved at a location accessible (only) to those individuals that require these files in the context of processing, such as customer service regarding repayments or overpayment/underpayment.
- The internal ticketing applications are equipped with a personalised login and password. When these applicaties are consulted externally, an additional username and paswoord will be required.
- Backups will be made daily and saved at various locations. These backups will be retained for at least 30 days to be able to retrieve the data in the event of loss and to ensure continuity.
- External access to the ticketing applications is always provided by means of a secured URL (https).
- Firewalls protect our internal networks against external access.
- All internal systems are or will be provided with the requisite EndPoint Protection (Antivirus, Antimalware, etc.).
- The passwords of all users will be stored in encrypted form.
- All of the communication between the various ticketing components will be sent over encrypted connections.
- If data is exchanged for testing purposes, certain data will be pseudonymised and anonymised (such as names and e-mail addresses).
- The entry into agreements with third parties that have access to the database for the purpose of ensuring conformity with the GDPR.
2. Transmission of data to third-party countries
Data will only be transmitted within the EU through the partners with which TTS works.
3. Third-party sites
Read more about the joint data processing